Technovera is an innovative tech scale-up that focuses on technology inclusion through the development of simple
technologies to improve last-mile access in Africa. The organisation has developed Pelebox, a smart locker system
that enables patients to collect their repeat chronic medication in under 30 seconds instead of waiting hours on
queues at public clinics. We are growing the team as we ramp up the number of communities we serve. Our mission
is to develop, promote and scale inclusive technologies, solving challenges of access to quality healthcare in Africa.
We are looking for a “Operations Manager” to Lead, Execute, Manage and Improve our day-to-day operational functions.
In this role, you would be managing a team responsible for product assembly, overseeing daily activities, maintaining and
growing our standard, improving performance, procuring material and resources while ensuring compliance. You will also
coordinate supplier management activities and find ways to increase quality of our customer services and implement best
practices across all levels. Ultimately, we require you to help us remain compliant, efficient and profitable during the
course of our impact delivery.
The ideal candidate is someone with strong analytical skills, exceptional communications, attention to the detail, a continuous
improvement mindset, good at resolving challenges, highly organized with a natural affinity for getting things done. They would
be joining the team to lead, coordinate and improve our Pelebox product assembly, installations, field support services, and
customers support functions. They would co-build operational policies and strategies that keep the organization functioning
smoothly. This position will oversee short- and long-term activity planning and resource allocations to ensure that we deliver
on time, maintain quality and remain cost effective. We are looking for someone who can run things, be the first one in and
last one out.
If you are skilled and interested in working for a tech-enabled scale-up operating at the intersection of Access to Quality Healthcare,
Digital Technology, and Social Impact, then Technovera might be your new home.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the manufacturing process, ensuring that production meets quality standards and is completed on time.
• Maintain, enforce and improve operational management systems, processes and best practices.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive client support and maintenance strategy.
• Establish protocols for responding to client inquiries, providing technical support, and scheduling routine maintenance.
• Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols and procedures.
• Develop installation plans based on project requirements and client specifications.
• Coordinate the logistics of transporting finished products and replacement parts from the manufacturing facility to client premises.
• Increase the efficiency of existing processes and procedures to enhance the Technovera’ s internal capacity.
• Maintain constant communication with Team Leads, Staff, and Suppliers to ensure proper operations of the organisation.
• Ensure that operational activities remain on time and within budget.
Operations, Product Assembly, and Client & Field Support Services:
• Foster a positive and collaborative work environment to enhance team productivity.
• Coordinate and ensure that the entire team develops daily/weekly work plans that outline associated daily tasks, targets and report daily and/or weekly on completed actions.
• Daily effective, on-time, detailed communications with clients, operations team, Pelebox sites to ensure operational excellence [co-develop routines, procedures and channels].
• Review “Daily Site Performance Reports” and coordinate appropriate actions with team and or clients.
• Review service requests from clients, client support and field support teams. Then prioritize and coordinate the execution of appropriate actions plans.
• Review, approve and coordinate schedules for routine inspections, site assessments, site installations, corrective maintenance, standard maintenance, comprehensive maintenance and specialised projects for Pelebox sites.
• Lead the planning, procurement and preparation of materials and resources required for technical work and general work.
• Review and approve site assessment, site inspection, installation or maintenance reports after every site visit.
• Lead, guide, support the team on ensuring a culture of continuous learning and reflection.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement in manufacturing, installation, client support and maintenance.
• Implement initiatives to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and improve overall operational effectiveness.
• Coordinate the preparation, review and approval of annual, quarterly, and monthly budgets.
• Monitor expenses, identify cost-saving opportunities, and ensure financial targets are met.
• Support accounts payable and accounts receivable departments.
• Develop relationships with suppliers and negotiate contracts to secure favourable terms.
• Work with external vendors and contractors for specific services or components. Negotiate contracts, monitor performance, and ensure compliance with quality and safety standards.
• Guide and oversee activities and onboarding of new team members and external service providers.
• Manage, oversee and monitor Inventory controls, Spares, deliveries of goods and associated controls. Prevent stockouts or excess inventory.
• Co-develop and ensure compliance with all operations procedures, processes, and controls.
• Co-develop and enforce compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring that adequate internal controls are maintained.
• Lead the adheres to safety regulations and industry standards.
• From time to time, carry out other jobs which are consistent with the grade, qualification, and training of the incumbent.
Experience & Qualification:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering [Electrical | Mechanical| Industrial], in Operations Management, Business Administration or equivalent [Minimum: NQF 7 | Preferred: NQF 8].
• Minimum 7 years working experience | post-qualified experience preferred.
• Valid SA driver’s License [More than 4 years driving experience] [with PDP before start date].
• Valid Passport [At the time of start date] - International Travel.
• Excellent communication in person, in writing and over the phone [SA Multi-Lingual - Ability to communicate in more than one language].
• Computer Literacy Proficiency - Proficient with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
• Experience in process reengineering and building operational policies and documents.
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and Pivot Tables.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. This means early applications submissions that fit the role have the highest probability of being shortlisted, interviewed, and selected. The best time to apply is today. Once the right candidate is selected, the role will be removed from our website. The Final day to Apply is 11 December 2023.
We are committed to employment equity, diversity and inclusion when recruiting internally and externally. All appointments are made in alignment to our employment equity goals. We encourage women & people with disabilities to apply. Our focus is on building a proficient team through efficient communication and strong interpersonal bonds. As a result, we do not offer Remote Work.
• Respect our process and do not apply using any of the organisational email addresses.
Technovera Pty Ltd,
41 Juta Street, Braamfontein,
The Innovation Factory,
6 Mark Shuttleworth Street,
The Innovation Hub, Lynnwood,