Technovera is an innovative tech scale-up that focuses on technology inclusion through the
development of simple technologies to improve last-mile access in Africa. The organization has developed Pelebox,
a smart locker system that enables patients to collect their repeat chronic medication in under 2 minutes instead of
waiting hours on queues at public clinics. We are growing the team as we ramp up the number of communities we serve.
Our mission is to develop, promote and scale inclusive technologies, solving challenges of access to quality healthcare
We are looking for a “Product Assembly and Installation Lead” to lead our product assembly and installation
activities from our Johannesburg office. The candidate will primarily be responsible for leading a team working
on assembly and field installations.
The role is centred on production planning, scheduling, reporting, quality management, continuous improvements,
and ensuring that everything runs well and that critical documents are accessible and always available.
The ideal person is with an engineering background and industrial experience. We are in search for someone
who is detail oriented and can lead
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Plant/Factory Product Assembly:
• Develop Daily/Weekly Work Plan, Outline associated daily tasks and targets, and report daily and weekly on completed actions.
• Maintain Inventory Records by checking stocks to determine supply levels, placing, and tracking orders, following up on shorts, and verifying receipt of supplies [Count, Confirm, and Document Received Stock].
• Read and deciphers schematics, blueprints, and assembly instructions.
• Prepare working space to ensure adequate space, clearance and access for assembly team.
• Prepare work to be accomplished by studying parts lists and gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
• Produce Pelebox components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
• Position or aligns components and parts, either manually or automatically.
• Position parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
• Use hand tools or machines to assemble parts.
• Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies.
• Verify specifications by measuring the completed component.
• Resolve assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications;
• Clean and maintains work area and equipment, including tools. [Daily/Weekly]
• Daily Reporting of Tasks Completed [with pictures]
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Inspect completed work and conduct quality control checks at various stages daily.
• Record all defects, including quantities and severity together all corrective actions.
• Install and test products to make sure they work correctly.
• Develop and maintain installation and operation manuals.
• Document the results of all the quality tests completed.
Reporting and Communication:
• Develop and document all the assembly sub-steps clearly outing all the individual tasks, start time, end time, and duration in the daily reporting template.
• Daily effective, On-time, Detailed Communications with Operations Team, Manager and Other Stakeholders to ensure operational excellence [Use Comms Channels + Set Out Routines].
Tools & Equipment Management:
• Responsible for keep all working equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs [If required].
• Organise, place back all tools and equipment in their designated location daily.
• Lead tools audit daily and report any damages or loss to direct manager or responsible person.
• Lead in Bi-Weekly toolbox checks and PPE checks.
Packaging and Resource Management:
• Managed and conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Lead and document actions by completing production and quality forms.
• Develop and follow the packaging process for delivery and safe transport.
• Operate the product assembly process to achieve minimal variability in product quality and maximum throughput whilst minimizing waste.
• Compile, complete, document and submit the Delivery Manifest.
Delivery, Installation, Commissioning and De-commissioning:
• Lead or Participate in Pre-Trip Preparation Planning Meetings and Prepare.
• Plan, Procure and Prepare materials and resources for required installation.
• Perform Site Preparation: Electrical Works, Civil Works, Concrete Works and other site modifications.
• Install Pelebox Shelters.
• Install Pelebox Solution, Perform All Mandatory Tasks and Documentation.
Pelebox Site Maintenance [Assisting]:
• Assist the maintenance team by responding to corrective maintenance requests, travel to sites and performing a root cause analysis.
• Assist by developing repair plans, communicating with Help Desk, Maintenance Team and Supervisor for the proposed corrective actions and to get approval on suggested repair plan.
• Carry out approved repair action.
• Assist in the execution of Standard and Comprehensive Maintenance of Pelebox Sites.
• Assist during stock control days and ensure storage processes and management are adhered to.
• Assist with performing standby duties and emergency response to critical breakdowns.
Other General Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
• Attend all team meetings [Weekly Operations, Daily Stand-Ups, Project Planning etc].
• Delivery and collection of procured parts, and defective products from suppliers and partners.
• Contribute to the development of self and team.
• Coaching/mentoring and training of new team members to improve their skills base and overall delivery.
• Follows all company policies and procedures.
• Adheres to safety regulations and industry standards.
Experience & Qualification:
• National Diploma or relevant & equivalent [Minimum NQF 6].
• Minimum 5 years working experience [4 years general + 1 year in a similar profile].
• Valid SA driver’s License [More than 2 years driving experience] [with PDP would be an advantage].
• Excellent communication in person, in writing and over the phone (SA Multi-Lingual).
• Computer Literacy.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office [MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint].
• Advanced level in MS Excel would be an advantage.
• Ability to operate office equipment such as printers, etc.
• Good Leadership Qualities.
• Intermediate typing speed [60wpm to 70wpm].
• Good analytical skills and ability to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. This means early applications that fit the role have the highest probabilities of being short listed, interviewed and selected. The best time to apply is today. Once the right candidate is selected, the role will be removed from our website.
We are committed to employment equity, diversity and inclusion when recruiting internally and externally. All appointments are made in alignment to our employment equity goals. We encourage women & people with disabilities to apply.
Technovera Pty Ltd,
41 Juta Street, Braamfontein,
The Innovation Factory,
6 Mark Shuttleworth Street,
The Innovation Hub, Lynnwood,