Technovera is an innovative tech scale-up that focuses on technology inclusion through the development of
simple technologies to improve last-mile access in Africa. The organisation has developed Pelebox, a smart
locker system that enables patients to collect their repeat chronic medication in under 2 minutes instead of
waiting hours on queues at public clinics. We are growing the team as we ramp up the number of communities we serve.
Our mission is to develop, promote and scale inclusive technologies, solving challenges of access to quality
healthcare in Africa.
We are looking for a “Client & Operations Support Associate” to execute, manage and improve our operations
support functions. In this role, you would be our client’s first line of contact and ensure that our product
network is at its optimal. The ideal candidate is someone who is good at solving and resolving challenges,
can master client engagement, has excellent attention to detail, and is able to get things across the finish line.
If you are skilled and interested in working for a tech-enabled scale-up operating at the intersection of Access to Quality Healthcare, Digital Technology, and Social Impact,
then Technovera might be your new home.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Help Desk Support:
• Review “Daily Site Performance” and coordinate appropriate actions with team and or clients.
• Serve as the first point of contact for clients and users seeking technical and operational assistance.
• Document, analyse client or product performance challenges, determining the best solution and execute appropriate actions plans. This may include performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques or escalate issues to the next Tier of the support team.
• Document, review systems requests from management, clients and internal team. Develop and coordinate execute appropriate actions plans.
• Manage help desk daily incoming queries in a timely manner.
• Daily, effective, on-time, detailed communications with clients, users, operations team and management regarding support queries to ensure operational excellence
• Ensure that all external interactions are documented Daily.
• Co-develop product training materials. Prepare, schedule and conduct product training sessions [online and on-sight] for clients, partners, and users.
• Develop daily/weekly work plan, outline associated daily tasks and targets and report daily and weekly on completed actions.
Supplier Management and Procurement Support:
• Develop and maintain a list of all items that need procurement, schedule weekly procurement reviews with management for approvals.
• Complete supplier application forms and credit application forms and submit to vendors.
• Perform vendor authentication [BBEEE].
• Research new vendors/suppliers, find alternative vendors to manage supplier risks and dependencies, negotiate favourable pricing and onboard new suppliers.
• Co-develop, maintain and update a comprehensive supplier database
• Co-develop, update and execute centralised procurement processes of general stock for plant, office, and site work.
• Co-develop, maintain and update order records.
• Conduct trend analysis with a focus on building pricing movement profiles of items, proactive identification of supplier issues, lead time challenges that may threaten ability to keep input costs and project costs within budget.
• Create and maintain relationships with vendors suppliers, this may include supplier in-person visit.
• Centralised booking of team accommodation for site work.
• Assist with planning, procuring and preparing materials and resources for required installation.
• Assist during stock control days and ensure storage processes and management are adhered to.
• Take on specialised projects aimed in helping the business improve, develop new products and delight customers.
• Delivery and collection of procured parts, defective products from suppliers and partners.
Experience & Qualification:
• National Diploma or equivalent [Minimum NQF 6].
• Minimum 2 years’ working experience.
• Valid SA driver's license [more than 2 years driving experience].
• Excellent communication (SA Multi-Lingual).
• Excellent customer relations skills.
• Computer Literacy.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Advanced level in MS Excel would be an advantage.
• Good analytical skills and ability to work independently.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. This means early applications that fit the role have the highest probabilities of being short listed, interviewed and selected. The best time to apply is today. Once the right candidate is selected, the role will be removed from our website.
We are committed to employment equity, diversity and inclusion when recruiting internally and externally. All appointments are made in alignment to our employment equity goals. We encourage women & people with disabilities to apply.
Technovera Pty Ltd,
41 Juta Street, Braamfontein,
The Innovation Factory,
6 Mark Shuttleworth Street,
The Innovation Hub, Lynnwood,